Do you remember when you were a kid and your excitement at receiving a brand-new pocket knife? Back then, it was probably a small little knife about the size of your pinky, if not smaller, but now-a-days, that just won’t do-obviously.What may work for you now is a full and complex knife that is much bigger than your little finger and which can be used for several hard-core activities including hunting and camping. How do you which one is right for you? While it primarily depends on what type of hunting or activity you plan to do, features such as what the material it is made from, the other features it has besides the main blade, and the quality of the handle are all things that you want to take into account. Whether you are going on a hunting trip or preparing for an emergency, a high-quality hunting knife is an absolute must. A great knife can help you butcher and skin game, cut through shrubs, prepare meals or act as a weapon in a life threatening situation. This article will discuss 10 of the best hunting knives available on the market.
1. KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife with Hard Sheath
The KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife is military grade and is made of 1095-crovan steel that can easily be sharpened on anything. It is a perfect defense weapon or hunting knife due to the rounded serrations that prevent snagging on clothing or the tough skin of an animal. This knife can endure endless abuse and will last a very long time. If ever there was a knife that looked ready for combat, it would be this one. In fact, this particular knife is often used by the military due to its durability and dependability. The blade itself has a partially serrated edge and its Kraton G handle is comfortable to carry and allows hunters to maintain a strong grip. The overall length of this fighting knife is 11.875 inches and it weighs 0.7 pounds.
2. Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife with Fire Starter and Sheath
The Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife comes with a fire starter and a diamond sharpener. The fire starter will remain functional during rain making it an excellent choice to use in inconvenient weather conditions. The black carbon steel blade is highly durable and corrosion-resistant. The scandi grind component prevents the knife from getting stuck inside a surface, yet prevents it from slipping. This baby is tough. With a fixed blade knife at 1/8 inches and made out of carbon steel, protected with anti-corrosion black coating, it gets the job done. It comes with a black plastic sheath that includes a diamond sharpener and fire starter and the ergonomic handle ensures comfort and a tight grip even during high friction hunts.
3. ESEE 6P-B Plain Edge Fixed Blade Survival Knife with Grey Micarta Handle
The ESEE 6P-B Plain Edge Fixed Blade Survival Knife comes with a grey micarta handle and a blade made of 1095 steel, making it a very versatile knife with an excellent grip. The knife is almost a foot in length, however it is very lightweight. It can be used to cut wood, meat, plastic or other materials. It is an excellent camping knife. Simple and smooth, this knife is ideal for anyone who loves a no-frill blade for survival and hunting. The handle is made from Grey Micarta Scale which is attractive and functional. The blade is made from 1095 steel ensuring a strong and clean cut while on a hunt. The blade length is 6.50 allowing for long and deep cuts.
4. BlizeTec Survival Knife: Best 5-in-1 Tactical Pocket Folding Knife with LED Light, Seatbelt Cutter, Glass Breaker & Magnesium Fire Starter
The BlizeTec Survival Knife is a 5-in-1 pocket folding knife with an LED Light. It can slice through seatbelts in the event of an auto accident and has a glass breaker. It can also start fire; making it the perfect camping accessory. For safety it has a lock feature. It is lightweight and can easily fit into your pocket. This knife has 5 different components included which make it a valuable addition to any hunter’s knife kit. With a drop-point blade with a serrated saw, a LED flashlight, fire starter, blade lock, window breaker, pocket clip, and seatbelt cutter, this knife is not only valuable for hunting, but also any type of emergency. Small and compact and weighing only 5.46 oz, it can be carried on your person without being uncomfortable. Besides its great functionality, it is also aesthetically pleasing with its black and grey body and black blade.
5. Schrade SCHF9 Extreme Survival Full Tang Drop Point Fixed Blade TPE Handle
The Schrade SCHF9 Extreme Survival Full Tang Drop Point Fixed Blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel. It comes with a lanyard hole, a nylon belt sheath and a cord leg strap to safely carry around. It can be used by professionals or for recreational purposes. It can cut through wood, game and other materials. The 1095 High Carbon Steel Drop Point Blade on this knife means that it packs a strong cut. Perfect for hunts or to carry for survival while hiking or camping, anyone who owns this knife can trust that they have a blade that will not disappoint. With a ring textured handle, this knife is comfortable and makes it easy for the user to maintain a tight grip. It also comes with a ballistic belt sheath and removable storage pouch.
6. Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Knife
The Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Knife is truly a one-of-a-kind. It comes with a full tang fine edge blade made from premium grade steel and is touted as “the ultimate survival knife”. The 4.8 drop-point blade can do everything from assisting you with making shelter, filleting meats, to self defense. It also comes with a fire starter and a whistle for emergency situations. This knife is what hunting dreams are made of. It has an incredible full tang fine edge blade that is made from premium steel, a sheath which includes a sharpener, a fire starter, and an emergency whistle. For anyone who wants to make sure they have what they need in case of an emergency, this is the ideal pick.
7. BlizeTec Survival Fixed Blade Knife: 3-in-1 Full Tang Hunting Knife with Magnesium Fire Starter, LED Flashlight & Belt Pouch
The BlizeTec Survival Fixed Blade Knife is a 3-in-1 tool perfect for hunting. For people who like 3-in-1 items, this knife is for you. It includes a flashlight, a mini fire starter, and has a 420 stainless steel blade that is anti-corrosion. The Classic Pakka Wood handle ensures a solid grip and it comes with a belt patch that can be hooked onto your pants to make it easily accessible. It comes with a magnesium fire starter, so you can quickly prepare your game once you have caught it. It also comes with an LED flashlight and a belt pouch for safety. It is made of 420 stainless steel and can resist rust and corrosion from wet weather conditions.
8. Ontario SP2 Air Force Survival Knife
The Ontario SP2 Air Force Survival Knife features a kraton handle with grooved ridges for a comfortable grip to ensure precision. This knife is especially designed for military and rescue use. The steel blade is powdered black with an epoxy texture making the blade highly durable and corrosion resistant. This knife will last for many decades to come. This knife may not have much in the ways of bells and whistles, but what it does have is durability and comfort. Its blade is 1095 carbon steel and it comes with a tactical sheath. The ribbed handle allows for a solid and tight grasp that keeps it from slipping while on the hunt.
9. Gerber LMF II Survival Knife
The Gerber LMF II Survival Knife comes with a fire retardant sheath making it a great rescue knife. Strong and functional, this knife has a glass-filled nylon and TPV overmold handle and the ballistic nylon has a fire retardant coating. Its full tang stainless steel blade promises clean and strong cuts, and durability. The handle is made of rugged nylon and has the ability to absorb shock, making it easier to maintain grip is tough situations. It also comes with a safety knife and built-in sharpener inside the sheath. It comes with a specialized “buttcap” that can easily pierce through glass, to perhaps escape from a vehicle.
10. DAX Industries Fixed Blade Survival Knife With Magnesium Fire Starter
The DAX Industries Fixed Blade Survival Knife comes with basic survival features and is a great option for beginners. It comes with a fire starter and lanyard making it a great choice for a camping or hiking trip. The blade is made of 3cr13 steel and can easily be sharpened. It also comes with a parachute cord attached to the handle, which can be used in survival situations. Dax Industries Fixed Blade Survival Knife with Magnesium Fire Starter. This baby is all inclusive in that it has a full tang blade made out of quality stainless steel with low corrosion possibility, an orange parachute cord which can be used in survival situations and a fitted nylon sheath. It also has a fire starter included.
In conclusion, The BlizTec 5-in-1 Survival Knife is definitely an excellent option. Since the blade folds, it is a much safer option than the Shrade SCHF9 or other fixed blade knives. Since the blade comes with a fire starter, LED light, glass breaker and other features, it can be used in a wide range of circumstances, for both leisure and professional uses. The value simply can not be beat. Buying a knife is something personal and you will want to find one that you like, but it is also important to remember that features count, especially when it comes to buying a survival knife for camping or hunting. A knife which includes 3-5 components helps to ensure that you are well-covered while out in the wild.
Top 99 Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes
More than just the longest-serving First Lady in the United States, Eleanor Roosevelt left this world with much inspiration. Her words carried so much wisdom that they continue to move hearts up to this day. Celebrate her life’s achievements by being guided by her famous quotes.
99 of Eleanor Roosevelt’s Best Quotes
Here are just 100 of the most inspiring words she contributed to the world in her life. May you find inspiration to live your life as selflessly as she did.
- You must do the things you think you cannot do.
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
- A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
- Have convictions. Be friendly. Stick to your beliefs as they stick to theirs. Work as hard as they do.
- People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously.
- I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.
- You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don’t be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you. The chances are that they aren’t paying attention to you.
- We are afraid to care too much for fear that the other person does not care at all.
- Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
- One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes… and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.
- It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
- The giving of love is education in itself.
- Work is always an antidote to depression.
- The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that fits all cases.
- I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on.
- It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
- I believe anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him.
- Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a great deal of thought into giving.
- Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.
- A stumbling block for the pessimist is a stepping stone to the optimist.
- I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
- Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.
- You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Since everybody is an individual, nobody can be you. You are unique. No one can tell you how to use your time. It is yours. Your life is your own. You mold it. You make it.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
- If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
- Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun.
- The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
- Life must be lived, and curiosity kept alive.
- Character building begins in our infancy and continues until death.
- He who loses money loses much; he who loses a friend, loses much more, he who loses faith, loses all.
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself.
- If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor.
- It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
- What one has to do usually can be done.
- Only a man’s character is the real criterion of worth.
- To handle yourself, use your head: to handle others, use your heart.
- Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both.
- Hate and force cannot be in just a part of the world without having an effect on the rest of it.
- When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted.
- In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die.
- It is a brave thing to have courage to be an individual; it is also, perhaps, a lonely thing. But it is better than not being an individual, which is to be nobody at all.
- Be confident, not certain.
- One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.
- It is not more vacation we need — it is more vocation.
- Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
- Do one thing that scares you today.
- Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says, ‘It can’t be done.
- Great leaders inspire people to have confidence in themselves.
- Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
- Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
- I lived through this horror; I can take the next thing that comes along.
- Anger is one letter short of danger.
- When life is too easy for us, we must beware, or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
- One must never, for any reason, turn his back on life.
- The very next thing you need to be doing is the thing that terrifies you the most.
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
- No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.
- You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.
- Life has got to be lived – that’s all there is to it. At seventy, I would say the advantage is that you take life more calmly. You know that ‘this, too, shall pass!
- You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- The mind must be trained, rather than the memory.
- Choose a challenge instead of competence.
- Success must include two things: the development of an individual to his utmost potentiality and a contribution of some kind to one’s world.
- When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?
- A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.
- Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.
- It’s your life – but only if you make it so. The standards by which you live must be your own standards, your own values, your own convictions in regard to what is right and wrong, what is true and false, what is important and what is trivial. When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else, you surrender your own integrity. You become, to the extent of your surrender, less of a human being.
- Ambition is pitiless. Any merit that it cannot use it finds despicable.
- There are practical little things in housekeeping which no man really understands.
- When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.
- Someone once asked me what I regarded as the three most important requirements for happiness. My answer was: A feeling that you have been honest with yourself and those around you; a feeling that you have done the best you could both in your personal life and in your work; and the ability to love others.
- Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.
- The only things one can admire at length are those one admires without knowing why.
- I’m so glad I never feel important, it does complicate life!
- Understanding is a two-way street.
- What you don’t do can be a destructive force.
- My experience has been that work is almost the best way to pull oneself out of the depths.
- Enjoy every minute you have with those you love, my dear, for no one can take joy that is past away from you. It will be there in your heart to live on when the dark days come.
- Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run, it is easier.
- Life is like a parachute jump, you’ve got to get it right the first time.
- Think as little as possible about yourself and as much as possible about other people.
- The basis of world peace is the teaching which runs through almost all the great religions of the world. Love thy neighbor as thyself.
- Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, and the youngest you’ll ever be again.
- It seems to me of great importance to teach children respect for life.
- All of life is a constant education.
- The future is literally in our hands to mold as we like. But we cannot wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is now.
- Strength that goes wrong is even more dangerous than weakness that goes wrong.
- No man is defeated without until he has first been defeated within.
- Every time you meet a situation you think at the time it is an impossibility, and you go through the tortures of the damned, once you have met it and lived through it, you find that forever after you are freer than you were before.
- Your ambition should be to get as much life out of living as you possibly can, as much enjoyment, as much interest, as much experience, as much understanding. Not simply be what is generally called a ‘success.
These words are part of Eleanor Roosevelt’s many, many legacies. Hopefully, they continue to inspire people to be the kindest and most courageous they can be. May the wisdom she displayed throughout her life continue to serve as a reminder of the people that she envisioned us to be, the people she dedicated her life and work to.
Top 80 Broken Trust And Trust Issues Quotes
Trust is a very powerful and profound emotion. It is faith in someone that gives you the belief that they will not harm, hurt, or betray you. It is the building block, whether in friendship, in marriage, or in any relationship, that will keep the foundations strong and unwavering.
It is a fact of life that one way or another, all of us will have our trust broken at some point in our lives. If you have been cheated on or made you lose your confidence in some people or situations, here are some inspiring quotes to help you gain your trust and possibly learn to get over the pain.
80 Encouraging Quotes for People Whose Trust Has Been Broken
- The finest souls are those who gulped pain and avoided making others taste it. —Nizariat
- Trust but verify. —Ronald Reagan
- Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters. —Albert Einstein
- A single lie discovered is enough to create doubt in every truth expressed. —Unknown
- I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you. —Friedrich Nietzsche
- Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once. —William Shakespeare
- Rebuilding trust when it’s been broken is not dependent only on the person who has broken it, or how many times they can prove they are honest. It depends on the person who has decided not to trust anymore. Though they may be totally justified in their decision not to trust, as long as they choose not to, the relationship has no hope of survival and should be ended. If or when they decide to trust again, there is hope reborn. —Doe Zantamata
- To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved. —George MacDonald
- It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust. —Samuel Johnson
- Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair. —Unknown
- You will never understand the damage you did to someone until the same thing is done to you. That’s why I’m here. —Karma
- A person may break your heart and damage your pride, but never ever give them the power to break your spirit. —Unknown
- Whatever you do, never run back to what broke you. —Frank Ocean
- Breaking someone’s trust is like crumpling up a perfect piece of paper. You can smooth it over but it’s never going to be the same again. —Unknown
- I was never one to patiently pick up broken fragments and glue them together again and tell myself that the mended whole was as good as new. What is broken is broken, and I’d rather remember it as it was at its best than mend it and see the broken pieces as long as I lived. —Margaret Mitchell
- Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that mother f*cker’s reflection. —Lady Gaga
- Sometimes, we need to be hurt in order to grow. We must lose in order to gain. Sometimes, some lessons are learned best through pain. Unknown
- Start over, my darling. Be brave enough to find the life you want and courageous enough to chase it. Then start over and love yourself the way you were always meant to. Madalyn Beck
- Trust starts with truth and ends with truth. —Santosh Kalwar
- We’re never so vulnerable than when we trust someone – but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy. —Walter Anderson
- “It was a mistake,” you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you. —David Levithan
- Broken trust doesn’t have to mean the end of your story. It’s time to write the next chapter. —Unknown
- The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies. —Anonymous
- What’s broken can be mended. What hurts can be healed. And no matter how dark it gets, the sun is going to rise again. —Unknown
- Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties. —Aesop
- What do people gain from lying? Besides losing: your respect, your dignity, your reputation, and those who love you. I guess those few minutes of satisfaction, smiling behind your lies, are soon well worth a lifetime of a regretful guilty conscience. —Amir Riveroll
- Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of. —Bob Vanourek
- How powerful, to burn and still come out stronger. More beautiful. —Parth
- People have to pretend you’re a bad person so they don’t feel guilty about the things they did to you. —Unknown
- The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them. —Ernest Hemingway
- It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend. —William Blake
- Trusting is hard. Knowing who to trust, even harder. —Unknown
- I will breathe. I will think of solutions. I will not let my worry control me. I will not let my stress level break me. I will simply breathe. And it will be okay. Because I don’t quit. —Shayne McClendon
- One of the worst feelings in the world is having to doubt someone you thought was unquestionable. Unknown
- If you have been brutally broken, but still have the courage to be gentle to others, then you deserve a love deeper than the ocean itself. —Nikita Gill
- Trust has to be earned, and should come only after the passage of time. —Arthur Ashe
- For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first. —Suzanne Collins
- After all, damn it, what does being in love mean if you can’t trust a person. —Evelyn Waugh
- Sorry is nothing, real apology comes when you can look in their eyes and see they hurt themselves just as much. —Unknown
- Pain changes people, it makes them trust less, overthink more, and shut people out. —Unknown
- Tell a lie once and all your truths become questionable. —Anonymous
- Sometimes you don’t know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again. —Demi Lovato
- To forgive someone who hurt you is easy but to trust them again is next to impossible. —Anurag Prakash Ray
- Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships. —Stephen R. Covey
- Keep your word once given! —L. Ron Hubbard
- Trust yourself, you know more than you think you do. —Benjamin Spock
- Sometimes trusting a friend is the hardest thing to do, even the closest friends can become enemies. —James Merrow
- There are two reasons why we don’t trust people. First – we don’t know them. Second – we know them. —Unknown
- The worst thing about being lied to is knowing you’re not worth the truth. —Unknown
- “Sorry” works when a mistake is made, but not when trust is broken. So in life, make mistakes but never break trust. Because forgiving is easy, but forgetting and trusting again is sometimes impossible. —Unknown
- Not everyone can be trusted. I think we all have to be very selective about the people we trust. —Shelley Long
- When someone breaks your trust, don’t feel stupid for trusting them. You didn’t do anything wrong. They’re just an untrustworthy person. —Sonya Parker
- If you give your trust to a person who does not deserve it, you actually give him the power to destroy you. —Khaled Saad
- Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar. —Unknown
- All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust. —J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
- I don’t trust people who don’t love themselves and tell me, ‘I love you.’ There is an African saying which is: Be careful when a naked person offers you a shirt. —Maya Angelou
- Love myself I do. Not everything, but I love the good as well as the bad. I love my crazy lifestyle, and I love my hard discipline. I love my freedom of speech and the way my eyes get dark when I’m tired. I love that I have learned to trust people with my heart, even if it will get broken. I am proud of everything that I am and will become. —Johnny Weir
- A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes. —Charles Spurgeon
- Friendship- my definition- is built on two things. Respect and trust. Both elements have to be there. And it has to be mutual. You can have respect for someone, but if you don’t have trust, the friendship will crumble. —Stieg Larsson, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- You see, you closed your eyes. That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them, too–even when you’re in the dark. Even when you’re falling. —Mitch Albom
- The best proof of love is trust. —Joyce Brothers
- Act like you trust people, but do not. —Unknown
- Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake. —Unknown
- If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world. —Selena Gomez
- To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved. —George MacDonald
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. —Warren Buffett
- Everyone suffers at least one bad betrayal in their lifetime. It’s what unites us. The trick is not to let it destroy your trust in others when that happens. Don’t let them take that from you. —Sherrilyn Kenyon
- I do not trust words. I even question actions. But I never doubt patterns. —Unknown
- The toughest thing about the power of trust is that it’s very difficult to build and very easy to destroy. —Thomas J. Watson
- Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt. —Eric Sevareid
- He who does not trust enough will not be trusted. —Lao Tzu
- You may be deceived if you trust too much, but you will live in torment unless you trust enough. —Frank Crane
- You must trust and believe in people, or life becomes impossible. —Anton Chekhov
- Never trust anyone, Daniel, especially the people you admire. Those are the ones who will make you suffer the worst blows. —Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- Forgiveness must be immediate, whether or not a person asks for it. Trust must be rebuilt over time. Trust requires a track record. —Rick Warren
- The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool. —Stephen King
- Someone who thinks the world is always cheating him is right. He is missing that wonderful feeling of trust in someone or something. —Eric Hoffer
- A man trusts another man when he sees enough of himself in him. —Gregory David Roberts
- Trust, once you get it. It’s priceless. But once you lose it, you are useless. —Unknown
- Never trust a man who speaks well of everybody. —John Churton Collins
It may seem that trusting a person who broke your heart can be a difficult task, but letting go of the pain can make a big difference in our lives. If your trust has been broken, teach yourself to let go and move on. Then you can learn from that experience so you will somehow know when and who to trust next time.
Best Mother and Daughter Relationship Quotes and Sayings
A mother and daughter’s relationship is one of the most precious things in life. Their bond is powerful, and it is something that they treasure all their lives. Here are some of the best mother and daughter quotes to inspire you every day.
76 Mother and Daughter Quotes to Build a Stronger Relationship
If you’re a mom, daughter, or someone who has either in your life, this selection of 80 quotes will definitely help improve your relationship with one another.
- “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
- “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.” – Naomi Wolf
- “A mother is a daughter’s best friend.”
- “A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.” – Anonymous
- “Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around.” – Barbara Delinsky
- “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” – Kristin Hannah
- “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Unknown
- “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
- “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
- “Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away.” – Heather Gudenkauf
- “Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.” – Signe Hammer
- “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.” – Anonymous
- “There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.” – Anonymous
- “To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. Mom” – Anonymous
- “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” – Laurel Atherton
- “The older I grow, the more I realize that my mother is the best ‘best friend’ that I ever had.” – Anonymous
- “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” – Melia Keeton-Digby
- “Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.” – Anonymous
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.” – Anonymous
- “A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.” – Anonymous
- “A mother knows what her child’s gone through, even if she didn’t see it herself.” – Pramoedya Ananta Toer
- “We laugh, we cry, we make time fly. We are best friends, my mom and I.” – Anonymous
- “As a child, I was very careful not to erase my mother’s writing on the chalkboard because I would miss her.” – Joyce Rachelle
- “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
- “A daughter is God’s way of saying, ‘thought you could use a lifelong friend.’” – Anonymous
- “Happiness is mother and daughter time.” – Anonymous
- “No one in your life will ever love you as your mother does. There is no love as pure, unconditional and strong as a mother’s love. And I will never be loved that way again.” – Hope Edelman
- “A mom is a daughter’s ‘first’ friend. And, through life, becomes her best friend.” – Vicki Reece
- “When I think of the exquisite love and sympathy which might be between a mother and daughter, I feel myself defrauded of a beautiful thing rightfully mine, in a world where for me such things are pitiably few.” – Mary MacLane
- “A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.” – Irish Saying
- “I am not a perfect mother, and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter, and you will never be. But put us together, and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.” – Anonymous
- “My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.” – Anonymous
- “Angels are often disguised as daughters.” – Anonymous
- “A mother. When you’re a child, she walks before you, to set an example. When you’re a teenager she walks behind you, to be there should you need her. When you’re an adult, she walks beside you, so that as two friends you can enjoy life together.” – Anonymous
- “By the time you realize your mother was right, you have a daughter who thinks that you’re wrong” – Sada Malhotra
- “The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.” – Wynonna Judd
- “Without my kids tomorrow wouldn’t be worth the wait, and yesterday wouldn’t be worth remembering.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible.” – Anonymous
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
- “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” – Terri Guillemets
- “From her thighs, she gives you life and how you treat she who gives you life shows how much you value the life given to you by the Creator. And from seed to dust there is ONE soul above all others. That you must always show patience, respect, and trust – this woman is your mother.” – Suzy Kassem
- “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter.” – Anita Diamant
- “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.” – Anonymous
- “Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved.” – Jojo Moyes
- “No matter how old you are, you always want your mother’s love and acceptance. I guess I’m hoping one day I’ll get it back.” – Hilary Grossman
- “Of course, mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view.” – Katherine Howe
- “Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles, and happy kids.” – Anonymous
- “One of the most important relationships we have is the relationship we have with our mothers.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
- “Moms hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.” – Anonymous
- “The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom.” – Sandra Vischer
- “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.” – Kristin Hannah
- “If I could give my daughter three things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams, and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.” – Anonymous
- “Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all, I love that she is my daughter.” – Anonymous
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “Whosoever does not believe in the existence of a sixth sense has clearly not regarded their own mother. How it is they know all they know about you, even those secrets you locked away so tightly in the most hidden compartments of your heart, remains one of the great mysteries of the world. And they don’t just know—they know instantly.” – Narissa Doumani
- “Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence – that they may be true and faithful.” – Elmina S. Taylor
- “If at first, you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you in the beginning.” – Anonymous
- “My mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickinson
- “When someone asks you where you come from, the answer is your mother… When your mother’s gone, you’ve lost your past. It’s so much more than love. Even when there’s no love, it’s so much more than anything else in your life. I did love my mother, but I didn’t know how much until she was gone.” – Anna Quindlen
- “As is the mother, so is her daughter.” – Bible
- “In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears, there is mom. The one person who is always there.” – Heather Stillufsen
- “My mother was like sand. The kind that warms you on a beach when you come shivering out of the cold water. The kind that clings to your body, leaving its impression on your skin to remind you where you’ve been and where you’ve come from.” – Clare Vanderpool
- “Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future. As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter.” – Elizabeth Debold and Idelisse Malave
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Charley Benetto
- “A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, ‘Where mother is.’” – Keith L. Brooks
- “Maybe she’d never really known her mother at all. And if you couldn’t know the person whose body was your first home, then who could you ever know?” – Brit Bennett
- “The mother is only really the mistress of her daughter upon the condition of continually representing herself to her as a model of wisdom and type of perfection.” – Alexandre Dumas Pere
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” – Rumi
- “I allowed myself unintentionally to be led to hurt you, my dearest child, for whom I would have given at every moment my life! Reflection came always too late, but not the deserved punishment! My sufferings were great, very great. God be praised that those terrible times are gone by and that only death can separate me from you, my beloved Victoria.” – Cecil Woodham-Smith
- “Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth.” – Victoria Secunda
- “Good daughters make good mothers.” – Abigail G. Whittlesey
- “Probably there is nothing in human nature more resonant with charges than the flow of energy between two biologically alike bodies, one of which has lain in amniotic bliss inside the other, one of which has labored to give birth to the other. The materials are here for the deepest mutuality and the most painful estrangement.” – Adrienne Rich
The connection between a mother and daughter is something that is not easily broken. It is something that even diamonds couldn’t cut through. Treasure your mother as well as your daughters for they are more valuable than any other jewel on earth.
Let these 75 nuggets of wisdom help you better appreciate the blessings that came into your life in the form of a mother or daughter.