A mother and daughter’s relationship is one of the most precious things in life. Their bond is powerful, and it is something that they treasure all their lives. Here are some of the best mother and daughter quotes to inspire you every day.
76 Mother and Daughter Quotes to Build a Stronger Relationship
If you’re a mom, daughter, or someone who has either in your life, this selection of 80 quotes will definitely help improve your relationship with one another.
- “A daughter is a mother’s gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of herself. And mothers are their daughters’ role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships.” – Victoria Secunda
- “A mother who radiates self-love and self-acceptance actually vaccinates her daughter against low self-esteem.” – Naomi Wolf
- “A mother is a daughter’s best friend.”
- “A daughter is someone you laugh with, dream with, and love with all your heart.” – Anonymous
- “Mother-daughter disagreements were, in hindsight, basically mother stating the truth and daughter taking her own sweet time coming around.” – Barbara Delinsky
- “As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. She is the beating of my heart. I cannot now imagine a life without her.” – Kristin Hannah
- “No matter how old she may be, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.” – Unknown
- “A mother’s treasure is her daughter.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
- “Behind every young child who believes in himself is a parent who believed first.” – Matthew L. Jacobson
- “Having a little girl has been like following an old treasure map with the important paths torn away.” – Heather Gudenkauf
- “Mothers of daughters are daughters of mothers and have remained so, in circles joined to circles, since time began.” – Signe Hammer
- “A daughter may outgrow your lap, but she will never outgrow your heart.” – Anonymous
- “There is nothing as powerful as mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul.” – Anonymous
- “To my daughter. Never forget that I love you. Life is filled with hard times and good times. Learn from everything you can. Be the woman I know you can be. Mom” – Anonymous
- “A daughter is one of the most beautiful gifts this world has to give.” – Laurel Atherton
- “The older I grow, the more I realize that my mother is the best ‘best friend’ that I ever had.” – Anonymous
- “Mothers and daughters together are a powerful force to be reckoned with.” – Melia Keeton-Digby
- “Mothers and daughters are closest when daughters become mothers.” – Anonymous
- “Life doesn’t come with a manual. It comes with a mother.” – Anonymous
- “A daughter is just a little girl who grows up to be your best friend.” – Anonymous
- “A mother knows what her child’s gone through, even if she didn’t see it herself.” – Pramoedya Ananta Toer
- “We laugh, we cry, we make time fly. We are best friends, my mom and I.” – Anonymous
- “As a child, I was very careful not to erase my mother’s writing on the chalkboard because I would miss her.” – Joyce Rachelle
- “We mothers are learning to mark our mothering success by our daughters’ lengthening flight.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
- “A daughter is God’s way of saying, ‘thought you could use a lifelong friend.’” – Anonymous
- “Happiness is mother and daughter time.” – Anonymous
- “No one in your life will ever love you as your mother does. There is no love as pure, unconditional and strong as a mother’s love. And I will never be loved that way again.” – Hope Edelman
- “A mom is a daughter’s ‘first’ friend. And, through life, becomes her best friend.” – Vicki Reece
- “When I think of the exquisite love and sympathy which might be between a mother and daughter, I feel myself defrauded of a beautiful thing rightfully mine, in a world where for me such things are pitiably few.” – Mary MacLane
- “A son is a son till he takes him a wife, a daughter is a daughter all of her life.” – Irish Saying
- “I am not a perfect mother, and I will never be. You are not a perfect daughter, and you will never be. But put us together, and we will be the best mother and daughter we would ever be.” – Anonymous
- “My daughter makes me laugh with her incredibly humorous take on the world. Everything makes her laugh, and I aspire to take in the world the same shoes she does.” – Anonymous
- “Angels are often disguised as daughters.” – Anonymous
- “A mother. When you’re a child, she walks before you, to set an example. When you’re a teenager she walks behind you, to be there should you need her. When you’re an adult, she walks beside you, so that as two friends you can enjoy life together.” – Anonymous
- “By the time you realize your mother was right, you have a daughter who thinks that you’re wrong” – Sada Malhotra
- “The mother-daughter relationship is the most complex.” – Wynonna Judd
- “Without my kids tomorrow wouldn’t be worth the wait, and yesterday wouldn’t be worth remembering.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t want my children to follow in my footsteps. I want them to take the path next to me and go further than I could have ever dreamt possible.” – Anonymous
- “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie
- “I love my mother as the trees love water and sunshine. She helps me grow, prosper, and reach great heights.” – Terri Guillemets
- “From her thighs, she gives you life and how you treat she who gives you life shows how much you value the life given to you by the Creator. And from seed to dust there is ONE soul above all others. That you must always show patience, respect, and trust – this woman is your mother.” – Suzy Kassem
- “The more a daughter knows the details of her mother’s life, the stronger the daughter.” – Anita Diamant
- “A daughter is a miracle that never ceases to be miraculous.” – Anonymous
- “Because even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. Some deep-rooted part of you would know you were loved. That you deserved to be loved.” – Jojo Moyes
- “No matter how old you are, you always want your mother’s love and acceptance. I guess I’m hoping one day I’ll get it back.” – Hilary Grossman
- “Of course, mothers and daughters with strong personalities might see the world from very different points of view.” – Katherine Howe
- “Good moms have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles, and happy kids.” – Anonymous
- “One of the most important relationships we have is the relationship we have with our mothers.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
- “Moms hold their children’s hands for a while, but their hearts forever.” – Anonymous
- “The woman who is my best friend, my teacher, my everything: Mom.” – Sandra Vischer
- “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones.” – Kristin Hannah
- “If I could give my daughter three things, it would be the confidence to always know her self-worth, the strength to chase her dreams, and the ability to know how truly, deeply loved she is.” – Anonymous
- “Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all, I love that she is my daughter.” – Anonymous
- “Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” – Princess Diana
- “Whosoever does not believe in the existence of a sixth sense has clearly not regarded their own mother. How it is they know all they know about you, even those secrets you locked away so tightly in the most hidden compartments of your heart, remains one of the great mysteries of the world. And they don’t just know—they know instantly.” – Narissa Doumani
- “Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence – that they may be true and faithful.” – Elmina S. Taylor
- “If at first, you don’t succeed, try doing it the way mom told you in the beginning.” – Anonymous
- “My mother: She is beautiful, softened at the edges and tempered with a spine of steel. I want to grow old and be like her.” – Jodi Picoult
- “A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled.” – Emily Dickinson
- “When someone asks you where you come from, the answer is your mother… When your mother’s gone, you’ve lost your past. It’s so much more than love. Even when there’s no love, it’s so much more than anything else in your life. I did love my mother, but I didn’t know how much until she was gone.” – Anna Quindlen
- “As is the mother, so is her daughter.” – Bible
- “In times of need, and in times of tears, in times of joy and in times of fears, there is mom. The one person who is always there.” – Heather Stillufsen
- “My mother was like sand. The kind that warms you on a beach when you come shivering out of the cold water. The kind that clings to your body, leaving its impression on your skin to remind you where you’ve been and where you’ve come from.” – Clare Vanderpool
- “Suddenly, through birthing a daughter, a woman finds herself face to face not only with an infant, a little girl, a woman-to-be but also with her own unresolved conflicts from the past and her hopes and dreams for the future. As though experiencing an earthquake, mothers of daughters may find their lives shifted, their deep feelings unearthed, the balance struck in all relationships once again off kilter.” – Elizabeth Debold and Idelisse Malave
- “When you are looking at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Charley Benetto
- “A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, ‘Where mother is.’” – Keith L. Brooks
- “Maybe she’d never really known her mother at all. And if you couldn’t know the person whose body was your first home, then who could you ever know?” – Brit Bennett
- “The mother is only really the mistress of her daughter upon the condition of continually representing herself to her as a model of wisdom and type of perfection.” – Alexandre Dumas Pere
- “We are born of love; love is our mother.” – Rumi
- “I allowed myself unintentionally to be led to hurt you, my dearest child, for whom I would have given at every moment my life! Reflection came always too late, but not the deserved punishment! My sufferings were great, very great. God be praised that those terrible times are gone by and that only death can separate me from you, my beloved Victoria.” – Cecil Woodham-Smith
- “Of all the haunting moments of motherhood, few rank with hearing your own words come out of your daughter’s mouth.” – Victoria Secunda
- “Good daughters make good mothers.” – Abigail G. Whittlesey
- “Probably there is nothing in human nature more resonant with charges than the flow of energy between two biologically alike bodies, one of which has lain in amniotic bliss inside the other, one of which has labored to give birth to the other. The materials are here for the deepest mutuality and the most painful estrangement.” – Adrienne Rich
The connection between a mother and daughter is something that is not easily broken. It is something that even diamonds couldn’t cut through. Treasure your mother as well as your daughters for they are more valuable than any other jewel on earth.
Let these 75 nuggets of wisdom help you better appreciate the blessings that came into your life in the form of a mother or daughter.
Best Hunting Survival Knives at Amazon Reviews
Do you remember when you were a kid and your excitement at receiving a brand-new pocket knife? Back then, it was probably a small little knife about the size of your pinky, if not smaller, but now-a-days, that just won’t do-obviously.What may work for you now is a full and complex knife that is much bigger than your little finger and which can be used for several hard-core activities including hunting and camping. How do you which one is right for you? While it primarily depends on what type of hunting or activity you plan to do, features such as what the material it is made from, the other features it has besides the main blade, and the quality of the handle are all things that you want to take into account. Whether you are going on a hunting trip or preparing for an emergency, a high-quality hunting knife is an absolute must. A great knife can help you butcher and skin game, cut through shrubs, prepare meals or act as a weapon in a life threatening situation. This article will discuss 10 of the best hunting knives available on the market.
1. KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife with Hard Sheath
The KA-BAR Fighting/Utility Serrated Edge Knife is military grade and is made of 1095-crovan steel that can easily be sharpened on anything. It is a perfect defense weapon or hunting knife due to the rounded serrations that prevent snagging on clothing or the tough skin of an animal. This knife can endure endless abuse and will last a very long time. If ever there was a knife that looked ready for combat, it would be this one. In fact, this particular knife is often used by the military due to its durability and dependability. The blade itself has a partially serrated edge and its Kraton G handle is comfortable to carry and allows hunters to maintain a strong grip. The overall length of this fighting knife is 11.875 inches and it weighs 0.7 pounds.
2. Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife with Fire Starter and Sheath
The Morakniv Bushcraft Carbon Steel Survival Knife comes with a fire starter and a diamond sharpener. The fire starter will remain functional during rain making it an excellent choice to use in inconvenient weather conditions. The black carbon steel blade is highly durable and corrosion-resistant. The scandi grind component prevents the knife from getting stuck inside a surface, yet prevents it from slipping. This baby is tough. With a fixed blade knife at 1/8 inches and made out of carbon steel, protected with anti-corrosion black coating, it gets the job done. It comes with a black plastic sheath that includes a diamond sharpener and fire starter and the ergonomic handle ensures comfort and a tight grip even during high friction hunts.
3. ESEE 6P-B Plain Edge Fixed Blade Survival Knife with Grey Micarta Handle
The ESEE 6P-B Plain Edge Fixed Blade Survival Knife comes with a grey micarta handle and a blade made of 1095 steel, making it a very versatile knife with an excellent grip. The knife is almost a foot in length, however it is very lightweight. It can be used to cut wood, meat, plastic or other materials. It is an excellent camping knife. Simple and smooth, this knife is ideal for anyone who loves a no-frill blade for survival and hunting. The handle is made from Grey Micarta Scale which is attractive and functional. The blade is made from 1095 steel ensuring a strong and clean cut while on a hunt. The blade length is 6.50 allowing for long and deep cuts.
4. BlizeTec Survival Knife: Best 5-in-1 Tactical Pocket Folding Knife with LED Light, Seatbelt Cutter, Glass Breaker & Magnesium Fire Starter
The BlizeTec Survival Knife is a 5-in-1 pocket folding knife with an LED Light. It can slice through seatbelts in the event of an auto accident and has a glass breaker. It can also start fire; making it the perfect camping accessory. For safety it has a lock feature. It is lightweight and can easily fit into your pocket. This knife has 5 different components included which make it a valuable addition to any hunter’s knife kit. With a drop-point blade with a serrated saw, a LED flashlight, fire starter, blade lock, window breaker, pocket clip, and seatbelt cutter, this knife is not only valuable for hunting, but also any type of emergency. Small and compact and weighing only 5.46 oz, it can be carried on your person without being uncomfortable. Besides its great functionality, it is also aesthetically pleasing with its black and grey body and black blade.
5. Schrade SCHF9 Extreme Survival Full Tang Drop Point Fixed Blade TPE Handle
The Schrade SCHF9 Extreme Survival Full Tang Drop Point Fixed Blade is made of 1095 high carbon steel. It comes with a lanyard hole, a nylon belt sheath and a cord leg strap to safely carry around. It can be used by professionals or for recreational purposes. It can cut through wood, game and other materials. The 1095 High Carbon Steel Drop Point Blade on this knife means that it packs a strong cut. Perfect for hunts or to carry for survival while hiking or camping, anyone who owns this knife can trust that they have a blade that will not disappoint. With a ring textured handle, this knife is comfortable and makes it easy for the user to maintain a tight grip. It also comes with a ballistic belt sheath and removable storage pouch.
6. Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Knife
The Gerber Bear Grylls Ultimate Pro Knife is truly a one-of-a-kind. It comes with a full tang fine edge blade made from premium grade steel and is touted as “the ultimate survival knife”. The 4.8 drop-point blade can do everything from assisting you with making shelter, filleting meats, to self defense. It also comes with a fire starter and a whistle for emergency situations. This knife is what hunting dreams are made of. It has an incredible full tang fine edge blade that is made from premium steel, a sheath which includes a sharpener, a fire starter, and an emergency whistle. For anyone who wants to make sure they have what they need in case of an emergency, this is the ideal pick.
7. BlizeTec Survival Fixed Blade Knife: 3-in-1 Full Tang Hunting Knife with Magnesium Fire Starter, LED Flashlight & Belt Pouch
The BlizeTec Survival Fixed Blade Knife is a 3-in-1 tool perfect for hunting. For people who like 3-in-1 items, this knife is for you. It includes a flashlight, a mini fire starter, and has a 420 stainless steel blade that is anti-corrosion. The Classic Pakka Wood handle ensures a solid grip and it comes with a belt patch that can be hooked onto your pants to make it easily accessible. It comes with a magnesium fire starter, so you can quickly prepare your game once you have caught it. It also comes with an LED flashlight and a belt pouch for safety. It is made of 420 stainless steel and can resist rust and corrosion from wet weather conditions.
8. Ontario SP2 Air Force Survival Knife
The Ontario SP2 Air Force Survival Knife features a kraton handle with grooved ridges for a comfortable grip to ensure precision. This knife is especially designed for military and rescue use. The steel blade is powdered black with an epoxy texture making the blade highly durable and corrosion resistant. This knife will last for many decades to come. This knife may not have much in the ways of bells and whistles, but what it does have is durability and comfort. Its blade is 1095 carbon steel and it comes with a tactical sheath. The ribbed handle allows for a solid and tight grasp that keeps it from slipping while on the hunt.
9. Gerber LMF II Survival Knife
The Gerber LMF II Survival Knife comes with a fire retardant sheath making it a great rescue knife. Strong and functional, this knife has a glass-filled nylon and TPV overmold handle and the ballistic nylon has a fire retardant coating. Its full tang stainless steel blade promises clean and strong cuts, and durability. The handle is made of rugged nylon and has the ability to absorb shock, making it easier to maintain grip is tough situations. It also comes with a safety knife and built-in sharpener inside the sheath. It comes with a specialized “buttcap” that can easily pierce through glass, to perhaps escape from a vehicle.
10. DAX Industries Fixed Blade Survival Knife With Magnesium Fire Starter
The DAX Industries Fixed Blade Survival Knife comes with basic survival features and is a great option for beginners. It comes with a fire starter and lanyard making it a great choice for a camping or hiking trip. The blade is made of 3cr13 steel and can easily be sharpened. It also comes with a parachute cord attached to the handle, which can be used in survival situations. Dax Industries Fixed Blade Survival Knife with Magnesium Fire Starter. This baby is all inclusive in that it has a full tang blade made out of quality stainless steel with low corrosion possibility, an orange parachute cord which can be used in survival situations and a fitted nylon sheath. It also has a fire starter included.
In conclusion, The BlizTec 5-in-1 Survival Knife is definitely an excellent option. Since the blade folds, it is a much safer option than the Shrade SCHF9 or other fixed blade knives. Since the blade comes with a fire starter, LED light, glass breaker and other features, it can be used in a wide range of circumstances, for both leisure and professional uses. The value simply can not be beat. Buying a knife is something personal and you will want to find one that you like, but it is also important to remember that features count, especially when it comes to buying a survival knife for camping or hunting. A knife which includes 3-5 components helps to ensure that you are well-covered while out in the wild.
82 Best Daily Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For the Workplace
Even if you love your work and enjoy every minute of it, there is always that inevitable moment that you will feel down and out. Whatever the circumstances are, whether it’s the middle of the day or the middle of the week, it’s always nice to have some pick-me-ups to get you going through the workday.
Here are some motivational quotes for the workplace that will provide you with inspiration, help you stay focused, and beat the doldrums of your work.
Best Inspirational & Motivational Quotes For the Workplace
1. You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. —Dr. Seuss
2. There will be little rubs and disappointments everywhere, and we are all apt to expect too much; but then, if one scheme of happiness fails, human nature turns to another; if the first calculation is wrong, we make a second better: we find comfort somewhere. —Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
3. You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to bed with satisfaction. —George Lorimer
4. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. —Thomas A. Edison
5. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. —Steve Jobs
6. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. —Michael Jordan
7. Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further. —Thomas Carlyle
8. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. —Pele
9. Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it. —Dwight D. Eisenhower
10. When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us. —Helen Keller
11. The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me. —Ayn Rand
12. I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. —Henry David Thoreau
13. Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender; it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment. -—Stephen Covey
14. A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work. —Colin Powell
15. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. —Lou Holtz
16. Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. —Carlos Castaneda
17. Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change. —Stephen Hawking
18. Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs. —Farrah Gray
19. I owe my success to having listened respectfully to the very best advice, and then going away and doing the exact opposite. —G. K. Chesterton
20. Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored. —Earl Nightingale
21. Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way. —Les Brown
22. Instead of wondering when your next vacation is, you ought to set up a life you don’t need to escape from. —Seth Godin
23. Remember kid, there are heroes and there are legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, kid, and you’ll never go wrong. —Babe Ruth, The Sandlot
24. A year from now you may wish you had started today. —Karen Lamb
25. Nothing worth having comes easy; the struggle is part of the story. —Unknown
26. If you work just for money, you’ll never make it, but if you love what you’re doing and you always put the customer first, success will be yours. —Ray Kroc
27. Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. —Confucius
28. People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing — that’s why we recommend it daily. —Zig Ziglar
29. The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you’re still a rat. —Lily Tomlin
30. Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else. —Judy Garland
31. A bad attitude is like a flat tire. If you don’t change it, you’ll never go anywhere. —Unknown
32. Light tomorrow with today. —Elizabeth Barrett Browning
33. Successful people do what unsuccessful people are not willing to do. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. —Jim Rohn
34. Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching. —Satchel Paige
35. Far and away the best prize that life offers is the chance to work hard at work worth doing. —Theodore Roosevelt
36. A man should never neglect his family for business. —Walt Disney
37. The only way to achieve the impossible is to believe it is possible. —Marton Csokas
38. Someday is not a day of the week. —Janet Dailey
39. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers, you cannot be successful or happy. —Norman Vincent Peale
40. Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe. —Gail Devers
41. Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence. —Unknown
42. Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein. —H. Jackson Brown Jr.
43. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.—Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
44. Make each day your masterpiece. —John Wooden
45. Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. —Winston Churchill
46. Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive. —Leah LaBelle
47. The expert in anything was once a beginner. —Helen Hayes
48. Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t. —Rikki Rogers
49. Someone once told me that ‘time’ is a predator that stalks us all our lives. But I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment because it will never come again. —Jean-Luc Picard
50. Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim. —Dory, Finding Nemo
51. Don’t count the days, make the days count. —Muhammad Ali
52. The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. —Vince Lombardi
53. Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not clichés but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path. —Phillip Sweet
54. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. —Thomas Edison
55. Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings. —Salvador Dali
56. You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you. —Tony Morgan
57. Would you like me to give you a formula for success? It’s quite simple, really. Double your rate of failure… You’re thinking of failure as the enemy of success. But it isn’t at all… You can be discouraged by failure — or you can learn from it. So go ahead and make mistakes. Make all you can. Because, remember that’s where you’ll find success. On the far side of failure. —Thomas J. Watson
58. Self-belief and hard work will always earn you success. —Virat Kohli
59. If you have a positive attitude and constantly strive to give your best effort, eventually you will overcome your immediate problems and find you are ready for greater challenges. —Pat Riley
60. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take. —Wayne Gretzky
61. If something is wrong, fix it now. But train yourself not to worry, worry fixes nothing. — Ernest Hemingway
62. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. —Theodore Roosevelt
63. When people go to work, they shouldn’t have to leave their hearts at home. —Betty Bender
64. Let the beauty of what you love be what you do. —Rumi
65. For every positive change you make in your life, something else also changes for the better – it creates a chain reaction. —Leon Brown
66. Do or do not. There is no try. —Yoda
67. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant. —Robert Louis Stevenson
68. Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. —Will Rogers
69. One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. —Elbert Hubbard
70. To be a champion, I think you have to see the big picture. It’s not about winning and losing; it’s about every day hard work and about thriving on a challenge. It’s about embracing the pain that you’ll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid. I think people think too hard and get afraid of a certain challenge. —Summer Sanders
71. You have to fight some of the bad days to earn some of the best days of your life. —Unknown
72. Those who say it cannot be done, should not interrupt those doing it. —Chinese Proverb
73. Sometimes the fall kills you. And sometimes, when you fall, you fly. —Neil Gaiman, The Sandman
74. Your imagination is your preview of life’s coming attractions. —Albert Einstein
75. Work hard in silence, let your success be your noise. —Frank Ocean
76. Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. Thoughts are things! And powerful things at that, when mixed with definiteness of purpose, and burning desire, can be translated into riches. —Napoleon Hill
77. You are not your resume, you are your work. —Seth Godin
78. When writing the story of your life, don’t let anyone else hold the pen. —Harley Davidson
79. So many things are possible just as long as you don’t know they’re impossible. —Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
80. Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success. —Dale Carnegie
81. I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it. —Thomas Jefferson
82. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do. —Oprah Winfrey
The workplace can sometimes be a tough place to be in if you’re not equipped with the right mindset, enough determination, and a lot of patience. The key is to love what you do, and things will fall into their right places. Even the smallest of good thoughts in the morning can mean a lot of positive vibes all throughout your day.
Top 99 Eleanor Roosevelt Quotes
More than just the longest-serving First Lady in the United States, Eleanor Roosevelt left this world with much inspiration. Her words carried so much wisdom that they continue to move hearts up to this day. Celebrate her life’s achievements by being guided by her famous quotes.
99 of Eleanor Roosevelt’s Best Quotes
Here are just 100 of the most inspiring words she contributed to the world in her life. May you find inspiration to live your life as selflessly as she did.
- You must do the things you think you cannot do.
- Do what you feel in your heart to be right – for you’ll be criticized anyway.
- A woman is like a tea bag – you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.
- Have convictions. Be friendly. Stick to your beliefs as they stick to theirs. Work as hard as they do.
- People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously.
- I am what I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.
- You can often change your circumstances by changing your attitude.
- No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
- Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art.
- With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
- Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
- Comparison is the thief of joy.
- Do the things that interest you and do them with all your heart. Don’t be concerned about whether people are watching you or criticizing you. The chances are that they aren’t paying attention to you.
- We are afraid to care too much for fear that the other person does not care at all.
- Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.
- One’s philosophy is not best expressed in words; it is expressed in the choices one makes… and the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility.
- It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
- The giving of love is education in itself.
- Work is always an antidote to depression.
- The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that fits all cases.
- I could not at any age be content to take my place in a corner by the fireside and simply look on.
- It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.
- I believe anyone can conquer fear by doing the things he fears to do, provided he keeps doing them until he gets a record of successful experience behind him.
- Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a great deal of thought into giving.
- Life is what you make it. Always has been, always will be.
- A stumbling block for the pessimist is a stepping stone to the optimist.
- I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.
- Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.
- You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
- Since everybody is an individual, nobody can be you. You are unique. No one can tell you how to use your time. It is yours. Your life is your own. You mold it. You make it.
- Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.
- If someone betrays you once, it’s their fault; if they betray you twice, it’s your fault.
- Probably the happiest period in life most frequently is in middle age, when the eager passions of youth are cooled, and the infirmities of age not yet begun.
- The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.
- Life must be lived, and curiosity kept alive.
- Character building begins in our infancy and continues until death.
- He who loses money loses much; he who loses a friend, loses much more, he who loses faith, loses all.
- It is not fair to ask of others what you are unwilling to do yourself.
- If life were predictable, it would cease to be life and be without flavor.
- It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan.
- What one has to do usually can be done.
- Only a man’s character is the real criterion of worth.
- To handle yourself, use your head: to handle others, use your heart.
- Justice cannot be for one side alone but must be for both.
- Hate and force cannot be in just a part of the world without having an effect on the rest of it.
- When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted.
- In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die.
- It is a brave thing to have courage to be an individual; it is also, perhaps, a lonely thing. But it is better than not being an individual, which is to be nobody at all.
- Be confident, not certain.
- One thing life has taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else.
- It is not more vacation we need — it is more vocation.
- Never mistake knowledge for wisdom. One helps you make a living; the other helps you make a life.
- Do one thing that scares you today.
- Nothing has ever been achieved by the person who says, ‘It can’t be done.
- Great leaders inspire people to have confidence in themselves.
- Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
- Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.
- I lived through this horror; I can take the next thing that comes along.
- Anger is one letter short of danger.
- When life is too easy for us, we must beware, or we may not be ready to meet the blows which sooner or later come to everyone, rich or poor.
- Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.
- One must never, for any reason, turn his back on life.
- The very next thing you need to be doing is the thing that terrifies you the most.
- You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.
- No matter how plain a woman may be, if truth and honesty are written across her face, she will be beautiful.
- You’ll be damned if you do, and damned if you don’t.
- Life has got to be lived – that’s all there is to it. At seventy, I would say the advantage is that you take life more calmly. You know that ‘this, too, shall pass!
- You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.
- The mind must be trained, rather than the memory.
- Choose a challenge instead of competence.
- Success must include two things: the development of an individual to his utmost potentiality and a contribution of some kind to one’s world.
- When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?
- A mature person is one who does not think only in absolutes, who is able to be objective even when deeply stirred emotionally, who has learned that there is both good and bad in all people and in all things, and who walks humbly and deals charitably with the circumstances of life, knowing that in this world no one is all knowing and therefore all of us need both love and charity.
- Do not stop thinking of life as an adventure. You have no security unless you can live bravely, excitingly, imaginatively; unless you can choose a challenge instead of competence.
- It’s your life – but only if you make it so. The standards by which you live must be your own standards, your own values, your own convictions in regard to what is right and wrong, what is true and false, what is important and what is trivial. When you adopt the standards and the values of someone else, you surrender your own integrity. You become, to the extent of your surrender, less of a human being.
- Ambition is pitiless. Any merit that it cannot use it finds despicable.
- There are practical little things in housekeeping which no man really understands.
- When you cease to make a contribution, you begin to die.
- Someone once asked me what I regarded as the three most important requirements for happiness. My answer was: A feeling that you have been honest with yourself and those around you; a feeling that you have done the best you could both in your personal life and in your work; and the ability to love others.
- Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility. For the person who is unwilling to grow up, the person who does not want to carry his own weight, this is a frightening prospect.
- The only things one can admire at length are those one admires without knowing why.
- I’m so glad I never feel important, it does complicate life!
- Understanding is a two-way street.
- What you don’t do can be a destructive force.
- My experience has been that work is almost the best way to pull oneself out of the depths.
- Enjoy every minute you have with those you love, my dear, for no one can take joy that is past away from you. It will be there in your heart to live on when the dark days come.
- Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run, it is easier.
- Life is like a parachute jump, you’ve got to get it right the first time.
- Think as little as possible about yourself and as much as possible about other people.
- The basis of world peace is the teaching which runs through almost all the great religions of the world. Love thy neighbor as thyself.
- Today is the oldest you’ve ever been, and the youngest you’ll ever be again.
- It seems to me of great importance to teach children respect for life.
- All of life is a constant education.
- The future is literally in our hands to mold as we like. But we cannot wait until tomorrow. Tomorrow is now.
- Strength that goes wrong is even more dangerous than weakness that goes wrong.
- No man is defeated without until he has first been defeated within.
- Every time you meet a situation you think at the time it is an impossibility, and you go through the tortures of the damned, once you have met it and lived through it, you find that forever after you are freer than you were before.
- Your ambition should be to get as much life out of living as you possibly can, as much enjoyment, as much interest, as much experience, as much understanding. Not simply be what is generally called a ‘success.
These words are part of Eleanor Roosevelt’s many, many legacies. Hopefully, they continue to inspire people to be the kindest and most courageous they can be. May the wisdom she displayed throughout her life continue to serve as a reminder of the people that she envisioned us to be, the people she dedicated her life and work to.