Smartphones, especially iPhones and Samsung Galaxy S Series, are undoubtedly considered valuable items. These mobile devices are highly priced and perhaps their role in your everyday life is almost irreplaceable. As such, it is only logical that you would aim to keep your smartphone safe and in pristine condition.
Why Would You Need a Waterproof Case?
Although there are already water-resistant or even waterproof smartphones (Source), it would still be best to keep your phone safe in a waterproof case especially when you know that you will be exposing your device to water.
It’s a lot better to make sure that your precious smartphone is protected than realize later on that some liquid has entered and destroyed the internal mechanisms of your phone. There are also other elements in the water such as chlorine, salt, or detergent that may damage your phone.
Besides, advertised as waterproof/water-resistant or not, smartphones, in general, are not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty if the cause of any defect in the device is water damage (Source).
What then should you do when you want to enjoy water sports and capture great photos/videos at the same time? The best accessory you can bring is a waterproof case. This simple and affordable accessory allows you to use your phone without the fear of water damage.
So, in this post, we reviewed the 5 Best Waterproof Cases for iPhone & Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S8, and S9. From the list, our top pick is the FRiEQ Waterproof Case. It’s affordable, IPX8 certified, with snap lock mechanism and will keep your phone afloat even if you accidentally let go of it.
The Top 5 Best Waterproof Cases for iPhone & Samsung Galaxy S6, S7, S8, and S9
1. FRiEQ Waterproof Case For Outdoor Activities – Waterproof Bag/Pouch For iPhone X/8/8plus/7/7plus/6s/6s plus/Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus – IPX8 Certified To 100 Feet
The FRiEQ waterproof case can fit smartphones that measures 6” diagonally or less. This includes iPhone X/ 8/ 8 Plus/ 6S/ 6S Plus/ 6 as well as Samsung Galaxy S6/ S5/ S4/ S3 and other models from different brands that are almost the same size or smaller.
Despite being lightweight, this case promises durability. Also, it is IPX8 certified waterproof so you can bring your smartphone up to 100 feet underwater. It has a clear window on each side, making it a reliable accessory for taking underwater photos and videos. Aside from being waterproof, it is also dust-proof and dirt-proof. You can access your touch screen at full functionality even inside this case.
To protect your device, the FRiEQ waterproof case has a snap-lock mechanism to easily seal your phone inside and a neck strap to conveniently bring it with you. You can use it while swimming, diving, surfing, and other water sports. You also don’t need to worry about your phone sinking when you accidentally let go of it because it will float on its own.
- Very affordable
- IPX8 certified waterproof, dust-proof and dirt-proof
- Can take underwater photos and videos
- Will float on water
- Does not have warranty
2. Mpow 084 Waterproof Phone Pouch Floating, IPX8 Universal Waterproof Case Underwater Dry Bag Compatible iPhone Xs Max/Xr/X/8/8plus/7/7plus Galaxy s9/s8 Note 9/8 Google Pixel up to 6.5″
The Mpow 084 Waterproof Case not only keeps your phone dry but also makes sure that your smartphone will stay afloat (Besides, what’s the use of a dry phone if it’s already sinking beneath the ocean). Aside from being made of buoyant material, you’d also immediately notice that the pouch has circle padding around it. These keep your smartphone from sinking.
It’s good for scuba diving, swimming, fishing, rowing and other such activities that will not go deeper than 100 feet. This IPX8-certified waterproof case is also snowproof and dustproof so you may also use it for skiing and other activities or sports where you will be exposed to snow or dust.
In addition, Mpow Waterproof Case boasts of being “touch-sensitive” so you can still easily access and navigate around your phone. It also has a transparent window so you may take clear pictures or videos even if your phone’s inside the pouch.
It keeps your device secured through the two switches on the top of the pouch. Such design allows you to quickly open or close the pouch so you can retrieve your phone within seconds.
Its material construction is also another factor that this case boasts of. It’s made of ABS materials that ensures durability and makes the case scratch-resistant and wear-resistant while maintaining its light weight. The case also comes already with a lanyard so you may hang it on your neck so you can comfortably focus on your sport/activity.
The Mpow waterproof case can fit devices measuring up to 6.5 inches. This includes iPhone Xs Max/ Xr/ X/ 8/ 8 plus/ 7, as well as Galaxy S9 / S8 Edge and other smartphones of almost the same size.
- Bouyant material and circle padding that will keep your device afloat.
- IPX8 certified waterproof, but is also snowproof and dustproof
- Phone’s easily accessible through the two top switches
- Costly compared to others
3. Universal Waterproof Case, JOTO CellPhone Dry Bag Pouch for Apple iPhone 6S, 6, 6S Plus, SE, 5S, Samsung Galaxy S7, S6 Note 7 5, HTC LG Sony Nokia Motorola up to 6.0″ diagonal
The JOTO cellphone dry bag is another universal IPX8 certified waterproof case that can fit up to 6.0” smartphones. Meaning, it can be used for iPhone 6S/ 6/ 6S Plus/ SE/ 5S and Samsung Galaxy S7/ S6, and such models from other brands of almost the same size.
It is certified to be waterproof for 100 feet making it suitable for swimming, snorkeling, fishing, boating, kayaking, and other such water activities. In addition, it is also snow-proof and dirt-proof.
This affordable cellphone dry bag from JOTO also has clear windows on front and back allowing you to easily access your phone, and even take photos or videos as you wish.
For the security of your device inside the pouch, it is equip with a simple snap-and-lock. Such design allows you to quickly open/ remove your device while keeping all other elements outside. It also comes with a neck strap so you can also hang it on your neck to conveniently and fully experience the water fun.
Youtube Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibHnSbEU0Jg
- Very affordable
- Waterproof, snow-proof, and dirt-proof
- Comes with simple snap-and-lock, and a neck strap
- Cheaper imitations are also lurking in the market
4. (2Pack) Universal Waterproof Case, Trianium Cellphone Dry Bag Pouch w/ IPX8 for iPhone X 8 7 6s 6 Plus, SE 5s 5c 5, Galaxy s9 s8 s7 s6 Edge, Note 5 4,LG G6 G5,HTC 10,Nokia, Pixel up to 6.0” Diagonal
The Trianium cellphone dry bag boasts of durable, thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) composition. Such material is said to protect your device and the case from water, dust, dirt, grease, snow, scratches, and bumps. It is so safe that you can also store your credit cars and money in it.
This IPX8 certified waterproof case is perfect for island hopping, swimming, boating, kayaking, snorkeling, and other water adventures you’d want to try. Yet, you should note that it can only go up to 100 feet deep. To better seal your valuables, it comes with an innovative swivel lock design that allows you to easily open or seal it back.
It can fit smartphones up to 6.0” in diagonal size, including iPhone X/ 8/ 7/ 7 plus/ 6s plus/ 6 plus, and Galaxy S9/ S8/ 8 plus/ S7/ S6 edge and other phones of similar or smaller size.
For full touch screen access and for you to capture photos and videos, this case also has a dual-side transparent window. Best of all, it is covered with manufacturer’s warranty for one year.
Youtube Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NHwlMHmNY
- Very affordable
- IPX8 certified waterproof, dust-proof, dirt-proof, snow-proof and scratch-resistant
- Phone’s touch screen is fully operational
- Innovative swivel lock design
- Will not float in water
5. Wildtek Premium Universal Waterproof Cell Phone Case
The Wildtek waterproof cellphone case is also made of TPU making it durable, flexible and eco-friendly. It allows you to text, call, listen to music, and even take photos and videos while your phone’s inside the case. It also comes with an adjustable neck strap and is designed with secure locking seal.
It is IPX8 certified waterproof but only up to 30 feet for 30 minutes. You can use it of basic scuba diving (just make sure to monitor your depth), swimming, kayaking and other water activities so you can take underwater photos and videos.
This Wildtek waterproof case can accommodate iPhone 7/ 7 Plus/ 6/ 6S/ 6 Plus, and Samsung Galaxy S8/ S7/ S6/ S6 Edge and other similar or smaller smartphones.
Lastly, since the brand is pretty confident about its product, it is covered with a lifetime money back guarantee and damage reimbursement
Youtube Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcwGQ-pCnHI
- Durable, IPX8 certified waterproof case
- Covered with lifetime warranty
- Can be submerged in water for 30 minutes
- Quite costly
- Cheaper imitations are lurking in the market
What does “IPX8 Certified” even mean?
We’ve been mentioning this IPX8 certified since the first product listed. If your curious about what it means, of course, we’ll explain it to you as well.
“IP” stands for ingress protection. It tests the level of protection that an enclosure or case provides against intrusions (Source).
The “X” that follows the IP is a placeholder and indicates that there is no other particle taken into consideration during the test (Source).
Lastly, “8” indicates that the enclosure or case can protect your device in water under the conditions specified by the manufacturer (Source).
If such explanation is not entirely clear to you, perhaps this summary of test level definitions could help you out (Source):
- IPX-0: No special protection
- IPX-1: Protected against falling water Equivalent to 3-5mm rainfall per minute for duration of 10 minutes. Unit is placed in its normal operating position.
- IPX-2: Protected against falling water when tilted up to 15 degrees – Same as IPX-1 but unit is tested in 4 fixed positions – tilted 15 degrees in each direction from normal operating position.
- IPX-3:Protected against spraying water – Water spraying up to 60 degrees from vertical at 10 liters/min at a pressure of 80-100kN/m2 for 5 min.
- IPX-4: Protected against splashing water – Same as IPX-3 but water is sprayed at all angles.
- IPX-5:Protected against water jets – Water projected at all angles through a 6.3mm nozzle at a flow rate of 12.5 liters/min at a pressure of 30kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters.
- IPX-6:Protected against heavy seas – Water projected at all angles through a 12.5mm nozzle at a flow rate of 100 liters/min at a pressure of 100kN/m2 for 3 minutes from a distance of 3 meters.
- IPX-7:Protected against water immersion – Immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of 1 meter.
- IPX-8:Protected against water submersion – The equipment is suitable for continual submersion in water under conditions which are identified by the manufacturer.
Do Waterproof Cases really work?
As supported by actual Youtube reviews, it was shown that the five (5) best waterproof cases presented in this post really do work. They can protect your phone underwater and allow you to capture photos and videos. Some manufacturers even offer warranty to signify how confident they are of their product.
What you must be cautious about, however, are the imitations of these products. They are not as high-quality as the original ones and those who mistakenly purchase these cheap replicas got their phone damaged.
As such, it would still be best to try your waterproof case on water with a tissue or paper. Don’t get too excited and immediately put your phone inside and expose it to water. Even those products that come in great packaging may still have some leakages.
Now that you see the 5 best waterproof cases, you can enjoy your water sports and take your phone (and other valuables) with you at the same time.
With a waterproof case securing your phone, you can take underwater videos as you dive or capture the beauty and color of the corals as you snorkel. You can bring your memories with you in your mobile phone.
Yes, this simple smartphone accessory surely does bring significant advantage especially for those who want to document their every adventure. So, go, enjoy and let your smartphone take a dip!
Best Video Cameras For Documentary & Filmmaking Under $500 In 2020
I have always been a fan of paranormal activities. Ghost hunting shows are extremely popular not only on television but especially on the internet. You can even stream most of the best ghost documentaries on YouTube. This fascination over something unexplainable lead me to think, “Are ghosts real?”
But we cannot prove something to be real if we cannot see it, right? And according to what I have watched before, ghosts cannot be easily seen by the naked eyes nor be captured using normal gadgets. So, with that in mind, I decided to purchase an infrared camcorder.
In addition to this, I am also a fan of taking videos of the sceneries that I see. Whenever I travel, I always do my best to record a documentary that I can look back to. For this reason, I searched for the best cameras that I can use even at night time.
However, with the myriad of choices that is available in the market, it became hard for me to find the best camera that fits my budget. Also, I searched for ones that can cater to both my fascination and hobby.
Whether you believe in paranormal activities or not, camcorders are really beneficial.
If you are looking for a camcorder, regardless of your purpose, this article is for you. I have listed down some of the best camcorders that I was able to search for in the market. This is to make sure that you will be able to get the best night time camcorder even when you are on a tight budget.
Things to Consider When Looking for a Video Camera
Based on my journey of finding a camcorder, I can say that buying one can be complicated. The reason is that there are many variations and models that you can choose from. Apart from that, prices also significantly vary based on the model and camcorder specifications that you will choose. The simplest camcorder can cost more or less %150, while the best one can cost over $1,600.
However, you cannot just pick the simplest or the best camcorder and then purchase it. There are some factors that you need to look for when choosing.
To help you in selecting your camcorder, below are some of the factors that you need to consider:
Type of Camcorders
Camcorders have four different types. These are the mainstream, advanced, pocket, and wearable and mountable camcorders.
Mainstream camcorders are excellent for making home videos, sports matches, events, etc. On the other hand, advanced camcorders are often used by professionals and can improve the quality of images and videos taken.
Moreover, pocket camcorders, as the name suggests, fits in the pocket. However, you have to note that this type does not have the best image quality.
Lastly, wearable and mountable cameras are designed for point-of-view shooting. This can be mounted to vehicles, skateboards, and more to capture the action.
Resolution is the number of pixels that footage holds. More pixels means that the video will offer greater clarity and detail. Most HD camcorders have a resolution of 1080p, which is the best resolution that you can get. But if you are looking for a less expensive one, look or a camcorder that has a 720p resolution.
This one is another important factor that you need to consider. I, being a fan of taking footage for documentaries, suggest that if you often take videos, you should look for the one that has a big memory.
There are camcorders that no longer need an SD card as it has a built-in memory. High-quality footages have high resolution, so look for a camcorder that has a large memory.
Three of the Best Camcorders Under $500
1. Yeehao WIFI HD Digital Zoom Camera With Microphone and Wide Lens
Traveling is a wonderful journey. You might want to cherish every detail that you will encounter for every trip. Landscapes, buildings, and nature sceneries are just examples of the wondrous places that you might want to keep with you.
In this modern world of technology that we have today, gadgets are widely used across the globe. Having this Camcorder Video Camera can make your trips memorable. Transitions, filters, and effects possess fluidity. Never miss out on having this amazing item inside your travel bags.
The focal lens of the macro lens of this Camcorder is solely used for close-up shooting of tiny objects such as leaves and flowers. This product also comes with infrared remote control. If you are a travel bod, this Camcorder can be a good asset for vlogging.
Here are the benefits of using this Camcorder Video Camera YEEHAO Wi-Fi HD that you should consider:
- This Camcorder has an External Microphone Adopts X-y Stereo technology. There is also a battery charging interface. Hot Shoe can be used to get connected to other equipment.
- It has a professional 0.39X super 2-in-1 wide-angle lens. A lens hood is also present together with the Camcorder.
- This camera can be connected to a smartphone. Using this at night can also be possible, maintaining its good quality by its IR Night Vision.
- Through the use of remote control buttons, you can take photos and videos as well.
- The multi-functionality of the Camcorder maximizes the utilization of the camcorder.
2. Spectrum Camcorder – Paranormal Investigation Camera with Infrared Night Vision
This video camera has an infrared flashlight, 32GB SD card, and a high-definition wide-angle lens. This camcorder has the highest performance full spectrum camcorder, which is specifically made for ghost hunting.
Moreover, it has an IPS touchscreen as well as the ability to switch from infrared to full-spectrum with just a single press on the button. The HD infrared vision quality is undeniably excellent. You no longer need to run the built-in infrared LED for the infrared vision to work.
In addition, this camera can run independently so you can assure the best results. The package includes an extra battery, so you can have a full recording time of 220 minutes. As per the storage, you get to have a 32GB SD card slot, so you do not have to worry about it getting full in the middle of the recording.
However, one disadvantage that you may get from this video camera is the fact that it is difficult to set up its Wi-Fi capability. This is also not water-resistant, so people who love water activities may not find this video camera to be beneficial.
3. Vlogging Video Camera with Digital Zoom Lens and Microphone
Being a travel enthusiast, a quality Camcorder Vlogging Video Camera can be a good thing to invest in. If you want to engage in your social media accounts such as YouTube, you can have it as a good asset. Travel, capture, and create memorable experiences.
This feature-rich Camcorder Video Camera comes with commendable performance when shooting videos. In addition, it makes your recordings with ease and comfort. This 4K Camcorder Vlogging Video Camera is capable of having a wide-angle lens LED light.
Moreover, this Camcorder comes with attractive features like the Wi-Fi for connection and other multi-purpose accessories. You can use a real-time remote to manage your video camcorder. IR Night Vision can make recordings perfectly even in the dark, showing low light.
These are the benefits of using this Camcorder Vlogging Video Camera for YouTube ConfunKool 60FPS 48MP that you should consider:
- This vlogging digital camera is built with a CMOS sensor. It makes the output yield to a good recording performance.
- Whenever you have something to do, a pause function can be a good help for your recordings. You can download the video and edit it before you upload it online.
- You can connect this digital camera to a Wi-Fi connection. You can also take quality recordings even in the darkness of the night.
- A low battery charge can be a hassle once you start recording. You can now use two rechargeable batteries to increase your shooting time.
- This Camcorder comes with numerous accessories for a video camera.
If you are looking for a quality Camcorder product, find the good features that will suit your needs. Camcorders are technology innovations that can make your vlogs more attractive to the viewers. Your preferences matter when it comes to your item choices. Video cameras make the most out of your experiences and make it as long-lasting memories.
Camcorder purchases are in demand in the market nowadays. People prefer to take souvenirs of their trips to look back after quite some time. Good quality performance of Camcorder Video Cameras leads to a better output that can fulfill the expected outcome of the user.
Best Military Tactical Combat Shooting Outdoor Gloves Reviews
Finding the right pair of gloves is important, but it’s not always easy. You need a pair of gloves that will not only protect your hands, but which feel good and if you are using them for sensitive tasks such as shooting, motorcycle or ATV use, hiking, hunting, or camping, you need to have dexterity and flexibility addition to durability and protection. It’s important that you have a pair of gloves that make you happy no matter what you are doing, or you won’t be as likely to wear them consistently. Let’s take a look at some of the bestselling military and tactical gloves that are available for these tasks and more.
1. Army Military Hard Knuckle Tactical Combat Gloves Motorcycle Motorbike ATV Riding Full Finger Gloves for Men Airsoft Paintball Sport Biker
These military style gloves feature molded hard knuckle and reinforced palms for strength and durability. The molded hard knuckles also help protect finger joints from injury during even the most strenuous of activities. Excellent impact and abrasion protection for motorcycle riding, ATV use, paintball and more. Don’t let the heavy protection fool you though, they offer a high level of dexterity and superior flexibility. Fast drying and featuring a reliable anti-slip grip. In Military green, and available in small through extra-large.
2. FREETOO Tactical Gloves Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Outdoor Gloves for Men Fit for Cycling Motorcycle Hiking Camping Powersports Airsoft Paintball
These black full finger gloves from FreeToo are 100% nylon and offer a superior level of protection while providing for excellent ventilation and comfort. The snug fit of the palm and fingers means that everything you do, you can do as easily as if you were not wearing any gloves at all. Wrap around wrist closure with Velcro keeps the gloves firmly in place. Odor free material and functional vent design keeps the gloves comfortable in both hot weather and even in mild winter conditions. Dual-layer synthetic leather palm means a sure grip for all tasks. In all standard sizes from S to XXL, these gloves are ideal for motorcycle use, tactical training, and more.
3. TitanOPS Full Finger and Half Finger Hard Knuckle Motorcycle Military Tactical Combat Training Army Shooting Outdoor Gloves
These gloves are just like the ones used in military tactical shooting training and are a perfect choice for both shooting, motorcycle, tactical training, and hiking/hunting/camping. What makes these gloves unique is the choice of either full finger or half finger styling, grab a pair of both and be ready for warm weather or for shooting when you need fingertip access, and cold weather and other tasks when you need finger protection all the way to the tips. Available in three colors and two styles. You can choose your size from M to XL. Machine washable design dries fast and features odor-reducing materials.
4. Mechanix Wear Tactical M-Pact Coyote
These next generation tactical gloves from Mechanix are just what you have been looking for from a glove that can provide high-level protection for your hands while still offering the dexterity and flexibility you need for even the most delicate of tasks and trigger control. XRD palm padding is designed to absorb impacts and vibration which makes these gloves great for shooting and motorcycle riding. The dual-layer internal fingertip reinforcement and Thermal Plastic Rubber knuckle guards & finger guards protect against impact. Machine washable with a nylon web loop to provide for easy storage and securement to vest or belt with any standard carabineer clip. These gloves look as great as they work.
5. JIUSY Military Rubber Hard Knuckle Tactical Gloves Full Finger Cycling Motorcycle Gloves
Tactical gloves just don’t get any better than this. Durable microfiber construction with firm stitching attaching the breathable material to the others means years of hard-wearing strength. Make great batting gloves, biker gloves, combat gloves and more. Excellent for sports like hunting or paintball. Anatomically shaped knuckle guard is made of Thermal Plastic Rubber and is one solid piece to provide incredible impact resistance. Stretch nylon for breathability and comfort. Perfect for motorcycle use thanks to the anti-slip performance. Very lightweight and fast drying. Only available in XL and only in battle green.
6. Seibertron Men’s Black S.o.l.a.g. Special Ops 1/2 Finger Light Assault Gloves Tactical Fingerless Half Finger Gloves
These gloves are pretty basic, but don’t let that fool you they are an excellent choice for motorcycle use, firearms, and other tasks which require a level of finite finger control that you can only get from a half finger glove. The rest of these gloves are made out of strong nylon and synthetic leather which proved fast drying, odor control, and breathability. Velcro closure wrists keep them snug in place during even the most active of tasks. Black, available in XXS – XXL.
7. Ventilate Wear-resistant Tactical Gloves Hard Knuckle and Foam Protection for Shooting Airsoft Hunting Cycling Motorcycle Gloves Men’s Outdoor Half finger Full finger Gloves
Genuine high-quality treated leather ensures maximum protection from elements, abrasions, and impacts while offering a no-drip/no-melt performance that you would expect from a high-priced glove. Velcro closure located on the wrist and the back of the hand keeps things snug, nylon webbing offers quick dry odor-free performance while allowing you to adjust to the exact size of your hand easily. Ergonomic cut and pre-curved hard knuckle protection make these gloves an excellent choice for all types of activity including motorcycle riding, tactical training, and paintball. Machine washable, air dry.
8. KevenAnna Full Finger Cycling Motorcycle Gloves Outdoor Tactical Shooting Gloves for Military Gear Men’s Military Gloves for Army Tactical Gear
Such a great set of gloves you might not ever want to take them off. They are as durable and hard wearing as they are great looking. The edgy tactical design is perfect for paintball, motorcycle riding, tactical training, Breathable nylon and high-quality leather work together to make these gloves durable and comfortable at the same time. High performance for hunting, cycling, motorcycle riding, hiking, paintball and more. Odor resistant interiors dry quickly. Machine washable and air dry for best performance. Reinforced palm and anti-slip performance mean a strong and stable reliability time after time. Available in sizes M- XL and two colors black and battle green.
9. Mechanix Wear Tactical Original Coyote
Form-fitting TrekDry material keeps hands dry, cool, comfortable, and protected. TPR closure with Velcro fastener keeps gloves snug and securely in place. The palms of these gloves feature a seamless, single layer of material that improves not only the fit and feel but also the dexterity. It’s like wearing a second skin that moves with you in all activities. As with all Mechanix Wear items the nylon loop makes for convenient storage when not in use. Great looking original coyote color work well for all activities. Machine washable.
10. Reebow Gear Military Hard Knuckle Tactical Gloves Full Finger Army Gear Sport Shooting Paintball Hunting Riding Motorcycle
Simple and effective these great gloves from Reebow are perfect for motorcycle riding, firearms, tactical training, hunting, hiking and more. Great dexterity and flexibility thanks to the microfiber and nylon combination. Hard wrong gloves at a great price, suitable for a wide range of activities. Perfect for military training and operations or for just riding around town on the Harley. Reinforced palm and hard knuckle protection provide peace of mind no matter the activity. Available in three colors and four sizes and only sold through Amazon FBA.
Choosing the right gloves for your needs is not enough, you also have to choose the right gloves for your comfort and style. These are a great selection to start with. The most important thing is to make sure that whatever gloves you choose they are ones that you will feel comfortable wearing for long periods of time, and which will not hinder your natural movement.
Best Fishing Kayak Under $600
Are you looking for a new approach to chase those bass and bluegills? Well good for you because you no longer need to pull some crazy performance in the water anymore as long as you’re good at using fishing kayaks. In fact, owning a fishing kayak doesn’t really need to cost you more than you can afford to set aside when it come to your savings.
Actually, with just as little as $600, you own every reason to take your fishing sessions to an entirely new level. What more is that you can get yourself an advanced tool that is not only secured to use around but also comfortable and easier to operate.
In short, this product is essentially everything you need to invest in if you really want to take your fishing experience on a new completely different level. But how do you actually look for the best fishing kayak under $600 with the market full of all units of fishing kayaks?
In order to help you, we’ve compiled a list of the best 10 fishing kayaks under $600 so you can make an informed decision going forward.
Tips to Become a Better Kayak Angler
Kayak fishing is the trend as of the moment, and it is because of certain reasons. Fishing kayaks are much cheaper compared to conventional gas burners, they let anglers access to some of the most under-fished and remote waters out there. In addition, they can be rigged with just about any feature a die-hard bass-head can think of.
This popularity has yielded in scads of articles and reviews written about how to set up the ideal fishing kayak. Now the questions are, what types of accessories will or will not help you load the boat once you are out on the water from doing actual fishing, and which unit of kayaks to purchase for your fishing session.
In order to address some of those daunting hassles, we’ve put together the following guide for your kayak fishing – from getting better at boat manoeuvring to casting and reeling mechanics:
- Learn to cast one handed – this one may be the hardest adjustment for anglers used to fishing from the bank because even the most stable fishing kayaks don’t come with much room between the sitting surface and the water, thus making the typical two-handed windup cast a dicey proposition.
- Learn the one handed paddling – similar to the one handed casting, efficient kayak angling needs skill in handling a paddle with just one hand.
- You must your feet – using your feet are great for re-directing your fishing kayak from a log, stump, or other obstacle while your hands are busy with getting a fish.
- Cast to steer – Make sure to make casts in certain directions to subtly adjust your kayak’s position.
- Use Eddies for kayak fishing – Mots kayaks are light and short enough to really sit entirely in an eddy, precluding the boat from moving downstream, and providing you plenty of time thoroughly fish the corresponding current seam. In order to optimize this, you must go past the spot you desire to fish then tuck into the eddy behind it and fish till you want without needing to paddle.
- Don’t be afraid to anchor – anchors absolutely have a place in the kayak fishing tools. This is certainly true on lakes when it is windy, or in places offshore where you need to stay in one particular area.
- Try to hug the shoreline – Rather than paddling right down the middle of the lake or river, try to get as shallow as you can so you can catch more.
Best Fishing kayak under $600 Review
1. Classic Accessories Colorado XT Inflatable Pontoon Boat With Transport Wheel & Motor Mount
This fishing kayak is the most ideal pick among pontoon boats with frames. The manufacturer has improved it along the way, and it comes with a number of valuable features that make it a wonderful deal. The last version of this inflated pontoon boat includes a transportation wheel, that is sure to make your life easier, unlike before where it was hard to be handled by only one person.
It also comes with twenty removable pockets, which is sufficient enough to keep your gears. Its integrated anchor system is highly suggested by anglers used to fish in a kayak or canoe. Moreover, its optional motor system can be mounted in two positions, which makes the trolling much more convenient.
The footrest and the seat are adjustable and it gives quite a comfortable experience. It can also be set up in 20 to 30 minutes, but it takes about ten minutes to disassemble. In addition, it is a little bit cheaper compared to top frameless inflatable kayak, and it provides great value for many because of its quality materials and the variety of accessories and features.
- Very safe
- Greater space and comfort
- Comes with reasonable price
- Easy to maintain and use
- Not ideal for harsh weather
2. Lifetime Tamarack Angler 100 Fishing Kayak
Compared to the usual perception, you don’t really need to spend a large amount of cash to buy a kayak. For all those prospective consumers who are looking for something certain, but can’t really afford the extravagant price, then this kayak is probably the most affordable in this list. This is the best fishing kayak for your hard-earned money.
This fishing kayak is made up of high-density polythene. It also comes with a layer of UV protection. It comes with a chain rails in order to ensure firmness. This kayak comes with a stable streamlined bottom designed specifically designed for better movement. In addition, it has two angles at the rear end for convenient movement.
For seating, it comes with a comfortable extra padded seat. Aside from that it comes with two fishing rod holders and one top mount fishing rod holder for extra convenience. And lastly, it is ideal for solo kayaking.
- Durable high-density polyethylene construction
- Comes with front and rear t-handles for easy transport
- Comes with one paddle keeper, one adult black paddle
- Two flush mounted fishing rod holders
- Adjustable padded seat back and seat pad for extra comfort
- Stable flat bottom
- Suitable for beginners
- Needs more storage
- Needs better plugs
3. Lifetime 10 Foot, Two Person Tandem Fishing Kayak with Paddles
The name of this fishing kayak might be a little bit mouthful but in reality, this is actually one of the most ideal fishing kayaks out there. The great thing about this product is that it comes with an excellent warranty offer. You’ll also get two backrests that are padded for extra comfort.
The kayak itself is great in terms of manoeuvrability, and maintains great stability. In addition, its storage area is one of the best out there. Although this fishing kayak has room for additional users, if you’re going with them, you might encounter into some issues with a slower speed.
All in all, the Lifetime Sport Tandem Fishing Kayak is one of the best you can find in the market today, and must get the job done without any hassle.
The first fishing kayak we are looking at is the Lifetime Sport Tandem Kayak. The name might be a mouthful, but in reality, this is one of the best fishing kayaks available in the market.
- UV protected material guarantees colour fading
- Comes with multiple positions of the footrest
- Great for stability thanks to its hull design
- Made out of high-density polyethylene for extra strength
- Excellent storage area
- Provides excellent manoeuvrability and stability
- A little bit heavy compared to fishing kayak in the same category
- Not really ideal for those who have a bad back
4. Elkton Outdoors Cormorant 2 Person Tandem Inflatable Fishing Kayak
The material used on this fishing kayak is exceptionally tough. It is made of PVC and 100 denier nylon, which is not only resistant to tears but hooks also. Because you’ll be working with sharp points, it can help you to know that you don’t need to worry about losing buoyancy due to an errant cat.
During the first try, you might think that inflating this fishing kayak would take plenty of time. But, it is actually made to be as efficient as possible, which implies that you could be ready to go in minutes. In fact, it is so efficient that using a motorized inflator could cause it to burst.
Now, as far as fishing goes, this is obviously a very impressive kayak. Even though most anglers like to go on the water solo, just having 2 seats is ideal if you want to sit with your kids or friends.
- Front and rear carrying handles for extra easier transportation
- Tear-resistant 18-gauge 1000 denier PVC
- Rod holders on each side for extra convenience
- Inflates in minutes for easy assembling
- Inflatable design means it store more compactly
- Two-person fishing kayak
- Adjustable seat for additional comfort
- Quite hard to maintain in a straight
- Not suitable for tall users
5. SUNDOLPHIN Sun Dolphin Aruba SS 12-Foot Sit-in Kayak
If you’re getting into fish kayaking and on a certain budget, then this product is the most ideal choice for you. It comes with a great manoeuvrability, tracks, and stability.
In addition, it offers enough storage space including Rod Holders, bow hatch, sufficient room in the cockpit, and lastly the PAC – which is a smart little storage compartment to keep your wallet, cell phone, food, and clothes dry.
The foot and seat pads are adjustable to fit various sizes people. Moreover, its straight-line keel aids smooth tracking in calmer water without really compromising manoeuvrability so much.
And lastly, this fishing kayak is very easy to carry and lightweight as it only weighs about 47 lbs. with the weight capacity of 250 lbs. Colours are available in red, lime, and blue.
- Lightweight and easy to carry
- Comes with flush mount fishing rod holders
- Portable accessory carrier can be used a an extra storage
- Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
- Rugged ultra-violet stabilized Fortiflex high-density polyethylene
- Quite low through the water
- Its Cockpit is a quite low for larger build people
Factors to Look for the Best Kayak under $600
Since you have made up your mind that you’ll go for a good fishing kayak, the next thing you must do is begin researching. You’ll obviously find a number of such guides on the internet today. The guide you can trust is the guide that can speak to you.
Fishing kayaks range from many price ranges. But you don’t really need to spend the top dollar to purchase the best kayak out there. Here are some pointers that can help you make the best buy ever:
- Consider the length– this factor is one of the most crucial factors of fishing kayak. The length factor drastically affects how the fishing kayak is going to work in the water. For newbies, a shorter kayak would be suitable for backwaters, creeks, or smaller ponds. The reason is because shorter kayas are much better in terms of manoeuvring. While on the other hand, longer kayaks would be the best for rivers, lakes, and oceans all thanks to their speed factor.
- Find something stable– fishing kayaks are famous for being imbalanced in the past. But modern-day selections are much balanced in term of maintaining stability. While having a stable fishing kayak is good for your fishing session, a little too much of it can influence certain factors like the ability to properly paddle and to control your boat.
- Make sure that it comes with a decent storage –if you want to use the kayak for proper fishing, then you must have sufficient storage space. If you’re looking to purchase a kayak, be sure that there’s enough storage in it. Certain higher-end models come with storage space integrated into them, and there are those that have wells built into them.
- Place for electronics– usually, bringing electronics with you while you’re fishing is not really important. But if you’re going in deep water or you’re planning for long fishing session, then having a fishing kayak that comes with a place for electronics is not really bad.
- Look for great portability– since fishing kayaks are becoming more feature rich, they’re becoming much heftier as well. For example, a fishing kayak that suit for storing electronics and other supplies will usually be much heavier. All in all, if you’re planning to buy a kayak just so you can take it around with you on untested waters, try to go for a lighter weight model.
Whether you’re an avid angler or a newbie, seeking a fishing kayak that suits your needs is crucial in order to guarantee a successful fishing journey. The takeaway is that, any of the 5 listed fishing kayak units in this review can be a good investment. Thus, whichever kayak you pick, you’re ensured that you’ll not regret your decision.
To sum it up, the Lifetime Sport Tandem Fishing Kayak is our favourite in this roundup especially that it can accommodate up to 2 people and is backed by an excellent warranty offer. Aside from that, it is UV-protected, sturdy, lightweight, and comes with a great storage space.